Volunteers are needed to help interpret for Spanish-speaking families during their WIC/MCH appointments and for translation of written materials. Phone calls and walk-ins are a daily occurrence too, so it is important to have volunteers available in clinic at all times. We are asking for 2 - 3 hour shift per week. There are approximately 20 shifts per week and multiple shifts are allowed. The volunteer is provided with an incentive.
Volunteers must provide a reference that can verify their Spanish-speaking abilities. If interested please call Erica Wagner at (319) 688-5891.
General volunteers are need for 2 - 3 hours each week to assist the WIC/MCH staff with a variety of task that include:
- Assembling charts for clinics
- Assist dietitians with nutrition group education, developing handouts
- Cleaning the Nutrition Education Room
- Cleaning toys and furniture in waiting and exam rooms
- Confirming appointments
- Conducting follow-up phone calls and scheduling
- Data entry using Microsoft Excel
- Faxing documents to providers and schools
- Filing charts and paperwork
- Maintaining and updating brochures/pamphlets
- Making labels
- Organizing the file room
If interested please call Erica Wagner at (319) 688-5891.