Clear Creek Amana: Polls open 7 AM to 8 PM.
Swisher: Polls open noon to 8 PM.
Clear Creek Amana Bond Issue (60% required)
Yes 971 (78%)
No 268 (22%)
Shall the Board of Directors of the Clear Creek Amana Community School District in the Counties of Iowa and Johnson, State of Iowa, be authorized to contract indebtedness and issue General Obligation Bonds in an amount not to exceed $48,000,000 to provide funds to build, furnish, and equip a new elementary building, including site acquisition and site improvements; to build, furnish, and equip additions to and improve, replace, remodel, repair, furnish, and equip the existing middle school, including the HVAC and electrical systems; to improve and replace the HVAC system at Amana Elementary; and to build, furnish, and equip additions to the high school and related remodeling, improvements and repairs?
Swisher election: Mayor, to fill vacancy. Term expires 12/31/15.
Christopher J Taylor 151 (52%)
Randy Hurlbert 136 (47%)
Dates and deadlines:
- Friday, January 3: Satellite site petition deadline (100 signatures)
- Friday, January 10: Noon filing deadline for Swisher mayor. 10 signatures required. File with acting city clerk.
- Wednesday. January 15: First day of early voting at auditor's office. Voting was available weekdays 7:45 to 5:30.
- Monday, January 20: Martin Luther King holiday, office closed.
- Friday, January 24: Voter pre-registration deadline, 5 p.m. 11 days before the election.
- Friday, January 31: 5 p.m. deadline to request absentee ballot by mail.
- Friday, January 31: 5 to 8 p.m. satellite voting site at Clear Creek Amana High School, Tiffin (at basketball game) 138 total voters. Swisher ballots were available but all voters were from Clear Creek Amana.
- Monday, February 3: Postmark deadline for absentee ballots to be counted.
- Tuesday, February 4: Election Day.