Dates and deadlines
- February 3: First day to request mailed absentee ballots.
- February 24 - March 13: Federal and State candidate filing period. File with Iowa Secretary of State.
- March 3 - March 25: County candidate filing period. File with Auditor's Office.
- Saturday, April 18: Military and overseas absentee ballots must by mailed by this date.
- Thursday, April 23: First day to mail domestic absentee ballots. (Temporary change from May 4 due to COVID-19 emergency.)
- Monday, May 4: First day for in-person absentee voting at Auditor's Office.
- Friday, May 22: Voter pre-registration deadline and last day to request mailed absentee ballot, by 5 p.m. (Voters may still register after this date using election day registration procedure).
- Monday, May 25: Memorial Day, office closed.
- Saturday, May 30: Auditor's Office open for voting, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday, June 1: Last day for in-person absentee voting, 7:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Postmark deadline for mailed absentee ballots.
- Tuesday, June 2: Election Day. Polls open 7 a.m. until 9 p.m. Vote at regular polling places. Most regular polling places will be open. (Reminder, Voter ID law in effect)
Party Change Statistics
Democrat, stayed Democrat 21,515
New Democratic registration 319
No Party to Democrat 2373
Republican to Democrat: 396
Green to Democrat: 13
Libertarian to Democrat: 26
Democratic total 24,642
Republican, stayed Republican 3552
New Republican registration 42
No Party to Republican 612
Democrat to Republican 264
Green to Republican 0
Libertarian to Republican 23
Republican total 4493
Net change for primary
No Party -2985
Based on registration following the presidential caucuses and registration after the primary.