- Turnout 9 AM, 11 AM, 3 PM, 8 PM, final
- Early Voting Statistics
This was the first election using new precincts and new legislative districts. Polls were open from 7 AM to 9 PM.
Dates and deadlines:
- February 27 - March 16 (5 PM deadline): Filing period for US Representative and State Representative; file with Secretary of State. 50 signatures from district required for state representative. Signature requirements for US Representative are based on party vote in 2010.
- March 5 - 28 (5 PM deadline): Filing period for county offices; file with auditor. Johnson County: 100 signatures required.
- April 21: Overseas and military ballots must be ready to mail, 45 days before election.
- April 26: First day for early voting at Auditor's Office, 40 days before election.
- May 26: Voter pre-registration deadline. On Saturday, May 26, the Auditor's Office will be open from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. for voter registration, early voting, and other election business. Voters registering after May 26 must use the election day registration procedure.
- May 28: Auditor's Office closed for Memorial Day.
- June 1: Deadline to request absentee ballot by mail, 5 p.m. In person early voting available until Monday, June 4.
- June 2: Auditor's Office open for early voting and election business, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- June 4: Last day for early voting in person. Satellite voting ends at 5 p.m. Early voting continues at Auditor's Office until 6 p.m.
- June 5: Election Day. Polls open 7 AM to 9 PM. Vote at new regular polling places.
Party Change Statistics
Democratic total: 5329
- Democrat remained Democrat: 4729
- Republican to Democrat : 263
- Green to Democrat: 8
- Libertarian to Democrat: 0
- No Party to Democrat: 329
Republican total: 1573
- Republican remained Republican: 1495
- Democrat to Republican: 29
- Green to Republican: 0
- Libertarian to Republican: 1
- No Party to Republican: 48
- Democratic +571
- Republican -185
- Green -8
- Libertarian -1
- No Party -377
Early Voting Schedule
Johnson County Auditor's Office
913 S Dubuque St, Iowa City, IA
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Thursday, April 26, 8 a.m. through Monday, June 4, 6 p.m.
(closed Memorial Day Monday 5/28)
Saturday, May 26, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday, June 2, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Broadway Neighborhood Center
(site required by petition)
2105 Broadway, Iowa City
Wednesday, May 23, 1 - 7 p.m.
Pheasant Ridge Neighborhood Center
(site required by petition)
2651 Roberts Road, Iowa City
Thursday, May 24, 1 - 7 p.m.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
200 Hawkins Dr., Iowa City
Friday, June 1, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Iowa City Public Library
123 S. Linn St., Iowa City, IA
Saturday, June 2, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Monday, June 4, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Hy-Vee Food Stores
812 S 1st Ave, Iowa City
1720 Waterfront Dr Iowa City
1201 N Dodge St, Iowa City
Lantern Park Plaza, Coralville
Sunday, June 3, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.