- Election Details
The Clear Creek Amana Community School District and Mid-Prairie Community School District have both called for special elections on ballot measures. Each measure requires 60% approval to pass.
Clear Creek Amana Ballot Language
Shall the Board of Directors of the Clear Creek Amana Community School District in the Counties of Iowa and Johnson, State of Iowa, be authorized to contract indebtedness and issue General Obligation Bonds in an amount not to exceed $65,000,000 to provide funds to build, furnish, and equip a new elementary school, including related site improvements; to build, furnish, and equip new playground spaces and to remodel, repair, and improve existing playground spaces at the District’s elementary facilities; to build, furnish, and equip additions to the District’s middle and high school facilities, including fine arts space at the Middle School and the High School; career and technical vocational space at the high school; replace and improve the middle school roof; and related site improvements at the middle school and the high school?
Mid-Prairie Ballot Language
Shall the Board of Directors of the Mid-Prairie Community School District in the Counties of Iowa, Washington, and Johnson, State of Iowa, be authorized to contract indebtedness and issue General Obligation Bonds in an amount not to exceed $26,300,000 to provide funds to be used together with sales tax bond proceeds to provide funds to build, furnish and equip additions to existing school facilities, including classrooms, a high school auditorium, a middle school gym and locker rooms, including related site improvements; to remodel, repair, and improve existing facilities, including improvements to parking lots; to build, furnish and equip athletic facilities, including a wrestling and weight room addition to the indoor practice facility; and to remodel, repair, and improve existing athletic facilities, including the high school track and lighting at the softball complex?
Shall the Board of Directors of the Mid-Prairie Community School District in the Counties of Iowa, Washington, and Johnson, State of Iowa, be authorized to levy annually a tax exceeding Two Dollars and Seventy Cents ($2.70) per Thousand Dollars ($1,000), but not exceeding Four Dollars and Five Cents ($4.05) per Thousand Dollars ($1,000) of the assessed value of the taxable property within said school corporation to pay the principal of and interest on bonded indebtedness of said school corporation, it being understood that the approval of this proposition shall not limit the source of payment of the bonds and interest, but shall only operate to restrict the amount of bonds which may be issued?
- Early Voting
- Tuesday, December 21: First day Auditor's Office can accept absentee ballot request forms for mailed absentee ballots.
- Friday, January 28: Deadline for Auditor's Office to receive citizen petitions requesting a satellite absentee voting station (5:00 pm).
- Wednesday, February 9: First day absentee ballots can be mailed and first day in-person early voting is allowed by state law. Note that ballots are not required to be ready by this date. More information on when voting will start will be available closer to Election Day.
- Monday, February 14: Voter pre-registration deadline and deadline to request mailed ballot (5:00 pm). In-person early voting and Election Day Registration are still available after this deadline.
- Monday, February 21: President's Day holiday, Auditor's Office closed.
- Monday, February 28: Last day for in-person early voting.
- Tuesday, March 1: All domestic mailed absentee ballots must arrive at Auditor's Office before the polls close at 8:00 pm in order to be counted.
- Polling Places
- Polls are open 7:00 am – 8:00 pm on Tuesday, March 1. Vote at new regular polling places. Due to the reprecincting process, your precinct and polling place may have changed.