Bond Issue (60% required)
Yes 698 71%
No 284 29%
PPEL (50% required)
Yes 695 71%
No 286 29%
144 absentee ballots requested, including satellite site.
Dates and deadlines
- Thursday, July 31: First day for early voting at Auditor's Office during regular business hours, 7:45 a.m to 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 29: Pre-registration deadline, 5 p.m. Election day registration still available after this date with ID and proof of address.
- Friday, August 29: Satellite voting: 104 voters at Spartan Stadium, Solon High School, 4-9 p.m. at Solon vs. Iowa City Regina football game.
- Monday, September 1: Labor Day, Auditor's Office closed.
- Friday, September 5: Deadline to request absentee ballot by mail. Requests must be in our office by 5 p.m.
- Monday, September 8: Last day to vote early at Auditor's Office, 7:45 a.m to 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 9: Election Day. School polling places, Solon City Hall and Shueyville Community Center (note move from Solon Fire Station). Polls open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Public Measure B: Bond issue. 60% required.
Shall the Board of Directors of the Solon Community School District in the Counties of Johnson and Linn, State of Iowa, be authorized to contract indebtedness and issue General Obligation Bonds in an amount not to exceed $25,500,000 to provide funds to construct, build, furnish and equip a new middle school building and improve the site; and to construct, build, furnish and equip additions to the existing high school, including a performing arts center and to remodel, repair, improve, furnish and equip a portion of the existing high school building, and to improve the sites?
Public Measure C: Physical Plant and Equipment Levy. 50% required.
Shall the Board of Directors of the Solon Community School District, in the Counties of Johnson and Linn, State of Iowa, for the purpose of purchasing and improving grounds; constructing schoolhouses or buildings and opening roads to schoolhouses or buildings; purchasing of buildings; purchase, lease or lease-purchase of technology and equipment; paying debts contracted for the erection or construction of schoolhouses or buildings, not including interest on bonds; procuring or acquisition of libraries; repairing, remodeling, reconstructing, improving, or expanding the schoolhouses or buildings and additions to existing schoolhouses; expenditures for energy conservation; renting facilities under Chapter 28E; purchasing transportation equipment for transporting students; lease purchase option agreements for school buildings or equipment; purchasing equipment authorized by law; or for any purpose or purposes now or hereafter authorized by law, be authorized for a period of ten (10) years, to levy annually, a voter-approved physical plant and equipment property tax not to exceed One Dollar Thirty-four Cents ($1.34) per One Thousand Dollars ($1,000) of the assessed valuation of the taxable property within the school district commencing with the levy for collection in the fiscal year ending June 30, 2017, or each year thereafter?