Johnson County will reimburse homeowners 50% of the cost, up to $2000, of completing soil quality restoration. To qualify for reimbursement through this program, the applicant must receive approval from the County prior to the work being completed. To apply to the program, please complete the following:
- Complete the fields in the application form below.
- Upload, via the link below, both the contractor estimate and an SQR worksheet (this will also be completed and provided by the contractor).
- Click submit.
Prefer to mail your application and estimate for approval? A copy is available for download here.
Applications will be processed and applicants notified within two weeks (10 business days) of submitting an application to the County.
Back to Program Overview
- Applicant must be a resident of unincorporated Johnson County or the incorporated communities of Hills, Lone Tree, Oxford, Solon, Shueyville, Swisher, University Heights, or West Branch (that portion within Johnson County). Residents of Coralville, Iowa City, North Liberty, and Tiffin should contact their municipalities.
- The applicant must be the owner of the property where the work will be completed.
- Funds will not be provided for soil quality restoration that is being completed in order to meet local requirements for development or building projects.
- Approval must be granted prior to commencement of the soil quality restoration, for the project to be eligible for reimbursement.
- Johnson County will provide reimbursement after project costs are incurred.
- Reimbursement will be made only after:
- Approved projects are completed.
- The County is given access to assess the property for final inspection of the service.
- An invoice is submitted (no later than May 31, 2023).
- The property owner is solely responsible for working with the contractor to complete the approved project. Johnson County is not liable for personal injury or property damage resulting from said work.
- Approved projects carry no implied warranty by Johnson County.