Polls Open 7 AM - 8 PM. Vote At School Polling Places
Turnout: Updates 9 AM, 11 AM, 3 PM, 6 PM
Results (After 8 PM)
A special election for a vacant seat on the Iowa City Community School District, for a term expiring in September 2019, will be held on July 19, 2016. The vacancy was created by the resignation of board member Tom Yates on May 13.
Sample Ballots for July 19 election
Note: Only different in ballots is the order of names, which were rotated as required by law.
- Sample Ballot School Precinct 1, 4, 7, 10
- Sample Ballot School Precinct 2, 5, 8
- Sample Ballot School Precinct 3, 6, 9
Dates and deadlines:
- June 13-24: Filing period. File with school district. 50 signatures required. Deadline 5 p.m. Friday, June 24
- Monday, July 4: Auditor's office closed
- Tuesday, July 5: Early voting begins at Auditor's office. Voting will be available weekdays 7:45-5:30.
- Friday, July 8: Voter pre-registration deadline, 5 p.m.
- Friday, July 15: Deadline to request mailed absentee ballot. Requests must be in our office by 5 p.m.
- Sunday, July 17: Satellite voting. 12-4 Coralville Public Library, 12-5 Iowa City Public Library
- Monday, July 18: Last day to vote early in-person. Postmark deadline for mailed absentee ballots.
- Tuesday, July 19: Election Day. Polls open 7 a.m. until 8 p.m. Vote at school polling places
703 13th Ave
Coralville, IA 52241
30 Mary Ct
Iowa City, IA 52245
Janice G. Weiner
39 Galway Circle
Iowa City, IA 52246
As reported by Press-Citizen. Please inform us of any additional forums.
Mission Iowa City: Monday, July 11 from 7-9 p.m. Iowa City Public Library Room A, 123 S. Linn St. The event will focus on questions organizers are gathering from students, parents, educators, and other community members. Those interested in posing questions can send them to [email protected]
Special Education forum: Tuesday, July 12, 6-8 p.m. at Handicare Inc, 2240 9th St, Coralville. The event will focus on candidate's stances on special education services in the Iowa City Community School District
Press-Citizen forum: Wednesday, July 13 from 7-8:15 p.m. at Schwab Auditorium in the Coralville Public Library, 1401 5th St. You may submit questions for consideration to [email protected]
Education Exchange: On July 15 at 4 p.m., Public Access Television will record an extra episode of Education Exchange highlighting the differences between the candidates. Host Hani Elkadi said PATV will likely livestream the event on its website, and the episode will air the following weekend, as well as all day July 18.