- Early Voting
- In-person early voting will be available at our office (913 S. Dubuque St.) weekdays from 8:00 am-5:00 pm beginning Wednesday, February 15 through Monday, March 6. The deadline to request a mailed absentee ballot was 5:00 pm Monday, February 20.
Dates and Deadlines
- Friday, February 3 (5:00 pm): Deadline for Auditor's Office to receive citizen petitions requesting a satellite absentee voting station. Petitions require 100 signatures of eligible electors. Contact our office for more information about this new process.
- Wednesday, February 15: First day absentee ballots can be mailed and first day in-person early voting is allowed by state law.
- Monday, February 20 (5:00 pm): Voter pre-registration deadline and deadline to request mailed ballot. In-person early voting and Election Day Registration are still available after this deadline.
- Monday, March 6: Last day for in-person early voting at Auditor's Office.
- Tuesday, March 7: All domestic mailed absentee ballots must arrive at Auditor's Office before the polls close at 8:00 pm in order to be counted.
- Polling Places
- Precinct and Polling Place Lookup
Polls are open 7:00 am – 8:00 pm on Tuesday, March 7 at Shueyville United Methodist Church, 1195 Steeple Ln. NE. We encourage you to use the lookup tool above to confirm your assigned polling place.
Please note that only voters residing in the City of Swisher are eligible to vote in this election. A complete list of upcoming elections is available on our homepage.
- Ballot Language and Sample Ballot
- Sample Ballot (also includes College Community School District ballot issue)
Public Measure MA
"Shall the City of Swisher, in Johnson County, Iowa establish a Municipal Waterworks Utility managed by the City Council to operate a municipal water system?"