What is a Mobility Coordinator?
- Johnson County’s single point of contact for transportation referrals, education and community outreach.
- Aims to increase awareness of public transit and expand potential ridership.
- Strives to improve overall mobility for elderly, low-income persons, and persons with disabilities.
The Mobility Coordinator is here to help you
Learn more about transportation options available to you in Johnson County.
- Discover how to reach points of interest
- Plan a trip
- Learn how to understand bus routes (printed and online)
- Learn how to download and use the Bongo smartphone application for real-time bus predictions.
- Mobility Coordinator Brochure (Tip: For optimal printing, adjust printer settings to; Landscape, Print on both sides flipping on short side)
- Quick Flyer - Johnson County Mobility Coordinator
- Flyer - Non-Emergency Medical Transportation - PDF Version
- Flyer - Arabic Non-Emergency Medical Transportation - PDF Version
- Flyer - French Non-Emergency Medical Transportation - PDF Version
- Flyer - Spanish Non-Emergency Medical Transportation - PDF Version
- Flyer - Swahili Non-Emergency Medical Transportation - PDF Version
- Flyer - Transit Discounts & Bus Pass Assistance - PDF Version
- Transportation Options for Seniors - PDF Version
Same Day On Demand Transportation Provided by Johnson County SEATS
View a COVID-19 safety precautions video on YouTube
View a public transit 101 video on YouTube
View a trip planning with transit app video on YouTube
View a transit accessibility video on YouTube
View a Google Maps trip planning video on YouTube
View a tutorial on how to load your bike onto the bus racks on YouTube
Please call Johnson County Social Services and ask to speak with the mobility coordinator to learn more about transportation options and resources or for assistance coordinating local transportation systems:
Social Services Mobility Coordinator
855 S. Dubuque St. Ste. 202B
Iowa City, IA 52240