Discharge papers (or DD214) may be recorded as a permanent record and certified to perfect a claim. This document must also be recorded before military exemption can be applied toward property tax reduction.

Application to obtain a DD214 recorded in Johnson County

DD214 Application


Information to obtain an "Unrecorded" DD214

Military Record Request

For assistance in obtaining a DD214, contact:
Johnson County Veterans Affairs
855 S Dubuque St Ste 109C
Iowa City, IA 52240
Phone (319) 356-6049