Recorders Mission Statement
Provide public records storage and retrieval services to the citizens of Johnson County in accordance with the Iowa Code. Maintain records accurately and provide ease of access to the public. Provide assorted licensing in accordance with the Iowa Code. Track the flow of revenue through the office in a clear and thorough manner.
In accomplishing this charge, the Recorder's Office will:
- Foster cooperation between county offices.
- Plan and provide excellent customer service.
- Engage in regular review of processes geared to improve service.
Managerial Mission Statement
As an elected official, the Recorder has obligations to the public as outlined above. In addition, the Recorder is accountable to those who work in the office. As a manager, the Recorder serves to:
- Provide trustworthy, supportive, and consistent leadership to office staff.
- Provide staff with professional development opportunities.
- Give staff a voice in the development of new policies and procedures.
- Respect the unique outlook and expertise of each staff member.
- Ensure a safe work environment.
- Outline clear expectations, and reward achievement.