Where do I...

Look up information about a case

The Iowa Judiciary provides case information to the public at www.iowacourts.state.ia.us.

Pay a fine

You may pay your fine at the Johnson County Clerk of Courts Office located on the second floor of the Johnson County Courthouse (417 South Clinton Street in Iowa City).

Look up land records

You may look up land records in the Johnson County Recorder’s Office in the Johnson County Administration Building (913 S. Dubuque St.). You may also want to start on the Johnson County Recorder’s website.

Call for information on jury duty

Call the Johnson County Clerk of Courts at 319.356.6060 ext 1.

Report or seek counseling for Sexual Assault

To report a crime, contact your local law enforcement agency as soon as possible. Follow this link for a contact list of local law enforcement agencies. For counseling you may want to contact the Rape Victim’s Advocacy Program (RVAP) at 319-335-6001 or the RVAP24-Hour Crisis Line at 319-335-6000.

Report a crime

You should call your local law enforcement agency. A list of contact information is provided through this link.

Get help for a person who may be dangerous or unsafe due to a mental illness or substance abuse

You will need to contact the Clerk of Court’s Office at the Johnson County Courthouse (417 S. Clinton St., Iowa City). Be prepared to fill out an Application and bring a second person who will provide an affidavit regarding the situation. The State can only help individuals with mental health or substance abuse issues in certain circumstances which cannot be addressed adequately on a website.

Find the Social Security Office

The  Social Security Office is located at the Federal Building 800-772-1213.

Get Driver License or ID

The Iowa Department of Transportation office is located in Eastdale Plaza, Iowa City 319-338-5294