The Johnson County Finance Department manages the finances of the county, creates reports, provides financial planning, and develops financial policies.
The Finance Department provides these services to the County:
- Develops the annual operating budget and compiles the annual Budget Book
- Prepares the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR)
- Coordinates financial aspects of the Maintenance and Capital Improvement Plan (MCIP)
- Advises the Board of Supervisors on financial issues
- Analyzes and issues debt
- Establishes and reviews financial policies
- Facilitates the annual external audit
- Provides long-range financial planning
Our goal is to provide citizens with a transparent look at the county finances. Transparency ensures accountability and allows citizens to see how every penny of the money they send to their government is spent. This website allows you to scrutinize the county budget, quarterly and monthly reports, financial statements, financial policies, transparency portal, and links to additional county finance resources. We strive to hold your government accountable for how every dollar is spent.