The Johnson County Board of Supervisors is pleased to offer letters of recognition to acknowledge the outstanding and memorable achievements of County residents. The accomplishments of our residents positively influence the quality of life in Johnson County and contribute to our overall standard of excellence, and we would like to celebrate with you by offering our congratulations.
Please carefully review the following guidelines and instructions on how to request a letter.
Letters will be considered by the Board if all of the following conditions are met:
- Letter must be requested for a resident of Johnson County, Iowa; the resident can be living in either an incorporated or unincorporated area of the county.
- Request must be submitted via the online form below. If you have questions or problems with the form, please email [email protected] and allow up to five (5) business days to receive a response.
- Request must give advance notice of a minimum of four (4) weeks to allow for processing.
The Board of Supervisors will make every effort to honor your request, but the decision to write letters is made completely at the discretion of the Board; thus, the Board has the right to deny requests for letters at any time. However, the Board of Supervisors and Board Office staff reserves the right to immediately rescind a request if you do not adhere to the above guidelines and/or if false or misleading information is provided on the form.
The Board of Supervisors reserves the right to edit any drafted material for final wording.
The Board of Supervisors will consider a letter request for the following categories of milestones and achievements:
- Birthday congratulations for an individual over 70 years of age;
- Anniversary congratulations for a couple celebrating their 50th (or subsequent) wedding anniversary;
- Retirement congratulations for an individual celebrating a retirement of 30 years or more;
- Eagle Scout Award;
- Girl Scout Gold Award;
- Substantial academic achievement;
- Heroic action;
- Outstanding service or deed by a person or organization;
- Greeting letter to be used for a program, brochure, or other publication for medium to large-size events taking place in Johnson County, such as business and professional conferences, or community festivals. Greeting letters will not be sent for events of a personal nature, such as family reunions. An event greeting letter must be requested by a resident of Johnson County, Iowa.
Please be aware that greeting letters, heroic action, and outstanding service/deed letter requests will be placed under a higher scrutiny than all other requests and will take longer to draft and process, so plan accordingly.
After you submit a request for a letter of recognition using our online form, please allow up to five (5) business days to receive an email response from a Board Office staff person.